There are a few strategies to generate clients on the web. The three most popular methods are:
- Generic listing in the search engines such as Google >
- PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising
- Paid adverts in online web sites and directories
The method you select will rely on numerous factors and each methodology might be relevant for different photographers at different times in their business cycle. Let’s take a look at each method in turn and analyse its weaknesses and strengths. In this piece we are going to look at the first of these techniques.
Common Listing In The Search Engines
In theory, this is the handiest method and the one that each photographer wants. Everyone would like to be number one in Google for the search term ‘wedding photography’. However with approximately 95 million (95,000,000) webpages being returned for this search term, it’s not reasonable for most photographers to achieve this target. However by careful use of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques either through work on their lonesome or by hiring a specialist SEO consultant, it’s actually possible to aim towards less competitive terms which would be targeted on a neighborhood like ‘wedding photography Surrey ‘ and build traffic this way.
It is important to follow some essential rules before launching on a seo campaign. Remember the three things that really must be in place before you consider promoting a selected keyphrase for your website:
- The term must be important for your business. There is not any point in being number one on Google if the folks that come to your website are not particularly interested in what you do
- The term must build traffic. Use the Google keyword tool to guess the number of visitors you will get if you do well for the term Remember that the 1 spot takes a high proportion of all traffic.
- The term should have low competition. If you try to challenge a robust existing competitor, then it may take you a considerable time to get results, if ever.
The drawback is that the effort needed to do the market analysis, change the internet site and promote it takes both cash and time and the results aren’t fast. A common SEO campaign will take 3 to 6 months to begin to generate results.
Conclusion: A good strategy for the long run. Research the field and hire a seo expert to help you. The cash and time invested will pay off.